FABRIC AND PRINTING DISCLAIMER
PRODUCT PROPERTIES / WASH CARE/ SIZING
- Our products are made and handled by human hands involving various processes.
- There is bound to be variations in colour, finish and overall look.
- The colours you see on our website will depend on the accuracy of your monitor for which subtle variations must be acknowledged.
- Wash care instructions are displayed on our website under each product description.
- These wash / dry clean instructions must be followed very carefully.
- Please do not spray deodorant, mist or a perfume on the dress directly and avoid using one specially for Gold & Silver Prints.
- Each garment is draped and fitted differently. The fit depends on the cut, fabric and styling of each garment.
- Some will be fitted and some more relaxed. Our Sizing guide will help you make a decision based on your body size.
- We use premium fabrics for all our garments hand sourced by our team. All our prints are Hand-Blocked Printed and may marginally vary in each batch of print. All photographs are for representation purpose and are shot to try and look as close as possible to the original product ordered but may have marginal colour variations from the actual product.
- We use an “all over print” design for most our products and the positioning of artwork may be different from that as displayed in the picture.
- Slight difference in colour from the visible product image is possible.There are times when a camera or a computer monitor can’t match perspective of an eye. Slight difference is unavoidable.
- This product is handblock printed & vegetable dyed. The print might have slight irregularities in the motif & colours which results from the human involvement in the process & is a hallmark of handcrafted products.
- Since the fabric is dyed using natural, vegetable dyes, it may rub dry or bleed colour on coming in contact with water for the first time.
- Gad, Reikh and Datta Blocks : Â The gad is carved in intaglio and is engaged to print large background figures which leaves very slight zig zag border effect on the fabric., while rekh and datta are carved in complete relief. Rekh blocks also mark the outlines of the motif.
- Handwash lightly with mild detergent. Do not soak any cotton dress & do not wash with another garment. Dry inside out in shade.Dry clean is ideal but hand wash also works.
- Taking care of your clothes will keep them looking good and fresh for longer.
- The following instructions will help you prolong the life of your cotton clothes.
- Water is precious. Wash garments only when necessary. Airing it after every use will keep them fresh for use, a couple of times.
- Wash our garments by hand. Do not put them in a washing machine or dryer.
- All our cottons are either handloom woven or hand-block printed.
- Moderate shrinkage may be expected.
- One must be very careful when applying fragrances to handmade clothes as the ingredients may cause your clothes to remove print or stain. It’s best to spray lightly into the air in front of you then walk directly into the spritz.
- Some fabrics may shed excess colour like Indigo. Certain ikats and block- printed textiles are prone to excess bleeding. In such cases it is advised that you dry clean the garments using the services of a reputed drycleaner. In other cases, wash the clothes carefully by hand.
Sort clothes colour-wise. Wash only similar coloured garments together.
Put a small quantity of mild detergent in a half-filled bucket of cold water. Soak the garment in the soapy solution for five minutes. Do not soak for a longer duration. Pre-soaked garments must be washed immediately.
The soiled areas can be rubbed gently by hand. Do not use a solid bar of soap or a brush. Rinse the garment a few times in cold water to remove the detergent completely.
A final dip in a diluted solution of liquid starch will render a crisp finish to the garment. Do not wring too much.
Drying your clothes under the sun causes colour-fading. Therefore, hang them out to dry in the evenings or in shade. Garments should be hung straight to dry on rust- proof hangers (either plastic or wooden).
Do not iron directly on block-prints, embroidery, etc. Such clothes should be turned inside out and ironed lightly.
Store garments in a cool, dry, place protected from sunlight. Keep whites and light coloured garments away from the darker coloured ones. Use aromatic sachets to dispel cupboard odours.
Silk And Silk Blends
Silk and silk blend fabrics must be dry cleaned only. Store carefully in cloth covers with a few scented sachets.